Pineapple Delight
(I renamed this as the original name is Pineapple Casserole. Yuck! This is why I never ate it.....pineapple, mixed in a casserole dish. Are you kidding?) Well I was proven wrong!
Ingredients:
2 (20-oz.) cans pineapple tidbits, drained and juice saved (save 6 Tbsp.)
1 cup sugar
6 Tbsp. flour
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
1 roll Ritz crackers, crushed
Directions:
Mix pineapple juice with flour and sugar.
Then add cheese and pineapple. Mix well.
Put in a 9x13 inch dish sprayed with Pam.
Add melted butter to crushed cracker crumbs.
Mix and sprinkle over pineapple mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Something about the buttery, crispy texture of the topping mixed with the sweet gooeyness of the filling is perfect!! Yummy!!!
It is the best dish if you love sweet and salty. Brian and I ate this (yes, Brian ate it) with Jerk grilled chicken. It was like an escape to the Caribbean Islands. If only.......
3 comments:
Ok, you are right, anything you put the word 'casserole" on automatically gets a black eye. Changing the name was definitely in order! Looks yummy good!
Getting Brian to eat a Casserole is a major feat in itself. He never has liked casseroles that much. If you can ever get him to eat meatloaf, then you have reached the pinnacle.
Haha! Lisa, I don't think the meatloaf will ever work for him. We tried that one already. He ate a few bites, reluctantly. :(
Post a Comment