Tuesday, October 5

Pumpkin Patch

This Sunday was one of the best days, EVER. I mean EVER!! Brian and I had a marvelous day just enjoying fall, honestly. We went to Old Baker Farm in Harpersville, AL and went to a true pumpkin patch. I got the idea from my friend, Sally’s blog. You can check her out here if interested. Anyway, she and her husband went last fall and I decided it must be on my future "must-do" list. Brian was drug along (yet he was secretly excited as well) to the pumpkin patch. We arrived and were probably the only people there without a child. It was all so fun though! We didn’t care in the least bit. We were getting our first pumpkin! Haha!

They had farm animals to see like these…
Baby Chicks!

Little Pigs!


We then took a hayride out to the real pumpkin patch. This place was legit. You get to pick your own pumpkin right off the vine. You’ve got as much time as you need to find the perfect pumpkin.

Here were our selections:


There were also GIANT pumpkins. No telling how much those things weighed.


After we picked out the perfect pumpkins, we dropped them off in the car and went through a corn maze.

Brian was almost as tall as the cornstalk.

This maze thing was not easy. I seriously thought we might get stuck for a moment. You had no map or cheat sheet. They just throw you in and say “Have fun!”

Wandering aimlessly behind Brian through never-ending corn.

We finally made it out alive! It was a fun adventure. On the ride home we discussed all things “fall” that we could do. Since it was a chilly day, it seemed fitting that it would be time for soup! I made delicious Taco Soup for dinner. We also picked up some pumpkin ale on the way home. It has cinnamon, nutmeg, and flavors of pumpkin. It is pretty much fall in a bottle if you were wondering. Delicious!!Brian was so sweet. He told me on the way home if he could just relive this day over and over then he would. It was one of the best days of married life so far. Happy Fall!!

2 comments:

Kathy Smith said...

You guys are the best! It's wonderful that you appreciate each other, the simple joys of a pretty day out with nature, and getting in the spirit of things. God is great!

Anonymous said...

Love this entry!! Greg and I recently had a similar experience as we went camping at a national park in Indiana. It was perfect weather and the fall colors were gorgeous :-)

Love,
Hil